This project is a fun one that may work well with the assistance of your children.
Tools and Supplies
25 & Counting Stamp Set
Peekaboo Frames Bigz L Die
Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die
1" Square punch
Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Chirstmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit
12" x 12" Chocolate Chip Cardstock and Ink
Garden Green Cardstock and Ink
Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and Ink
Crumb Cake Cardstock and Ink
Very Vanilla Cardstock and Ink
Scraps of various colours to use for embellishments and layers:
- Dazzling Diamonds
- Stitched Felt
- Mini Jingle Bells
- Various small punches
- Using the Peekaboo Frames Bigz L Die, cut out 6 sets of frames in 3 colours, to coordinate with your choice of Designer Series Papers or Simply Scrappin' Kits.
- Use your bone folder to crease the windows open, then close them again.
- Stamp all the images from the 25 & Counting stamp set in coordinating inks. I used the same colours as my cardstock.
- Lay out the frames on the 12" x 12" background cardstock. I found that the double door frame held 2 of the 1" x 1" stamped images, so this allowed for 5 "days" for each row.
- Using the 1" punch, punch out all the stamped images.
- A great way to matte the 1" images is to use the Postage Stamp punch!
- I coloured some of the images, dazzled them with Dazzling Diamond glitter and used various coordinating Designer Series papers in order to bring the images alive.
- Once you have all the images decorated the way you want them, you can begin to glue them all down. Glue the 1" images to the background papers/cardstock, then place them on the 12"x12" background, then cover them with the peekaboo frame.
- Once you have all in place and glued down, you can decorate the outside of the frames, as desired. Make sure that your decorations do not interfere with the door opening.
Members of this month's Inky Divas Blog Hop:
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this month's Blog Hop…make sure you check back in for our next one on November 11th where we will feature Christmas Cards!